Friday, June 25, 2010

My trip to Ohio was met with busyness, wedding happiness, family togetherness, and a whirlwind of activity. Flying in I saw: lush green terrain, rolling hills, farms with silos. I breathed a sigh of relief as we landed and felt right at home in the arms of my mother and father.

But the whole time I was in Ohio..I kept thinking how I didn't really feel anything for the place. And then I got to thinking about my friends who were staying around the area or living somewhere in Ohio (...and not that I feel like I need a big adventure in my life; or that Ohio isn't good enough) and it's just not where I want to be living.

The trip wasn't exactly restful and not the typical visit home, as there were tons of people around and things to be done. But it was nice to see friends at the wedding that I hadn't seen for awhile, as well as family. I hope to never take relationships for granted whether they are coming or going.

I arrived back in the great state of Colorado...only to get utterly sick. Sunday and Monday it felt like death was knocking (not literally but with the fatigue, weakness, and loneliness- sorta). Thought I had the flu or something...finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and she thought it was strep throat so now I'm on antibiotics. This is the 3rd time this year (2010) that I've been on antibiotics!! I've never been so sick in all my life! Prayers for continued healing and good health would be appreciated. I have a lot more energy and looking forward to having a normal routine again soon...

That said...the time is dwindling down. (That is strange to write). I have mixed emotions...bittersweet, like the end of college was for me as well. Being alone and sick this week though, I discovered that I have in fact made a good decision in moving back east. There aren't good friends for me here and nothing meaningful to keep me around. I know things will be different when I move back, but I welcome having some family and good friends around. At the same time, I have developed good relationships with people/families at church that I will truly miss. As well as just liking the idea of being in place where I can be whoever I want and starting something for myself.

The garden grows!!! I was so excited to come home and find that my plants had doubled in size and seem to be doing fairly well. Hopefully there is produce before I leave!!

Well that is all for now...hope that all are doing well.

Prayer for Guidance (Rev. Julie Mustonen)

Oh God of Light and Love
the journey begins with a few small steps.
May your spirit light my path
and open my heart
as I seek to follow you.
May I come to a fuller knowledge
of who I am as your child.
so that I may serve you in the best way.
May you help me move ahead
with courage and joy,
savoring the stages as I pass through them,
looking for signs of your presence and guidance.
Throughout this journey into faithfulness,
may I be ever mindful and encouraged by
the life and work of Jesus Christ,
who walks beside me, friend and redeemer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment