It's not the tiny bags of pretzels, or the person sitting behind you that smells like BO.
I love when the plane starts descending and all the tiny houses, streets, and city lights come into perspective. It kinda makes me feel like Karen Carpenter's song "I'm on top of the world". It makes me feel big and in charge for just a brief moment, as I survey the "little" things below. We are a busy people. We have created much. The glowing street lights, the bustling streets, industry, power, success.
It makes me also remember, that as I come back to normal elevation...I am a part of the madness and one of the little, intricate things that makes up part of our world. It's a bittersweet mixture of emotion to land and realize that yes, I can look down momentarily on what has been created and how it moves about. But also realizing, that I too am part of that system. That network. That beehive.
But I have also been made different and unique. I have been taught to love myself and the God who created all things. As Christians we are called to embark on a journey and not an easy one. It sets us apart from those around us. We are called. It is sometimes lonely and confusing. It is difficult at times. But it is also beautiful and rewarding. It is past, present, and future.
I don't know where I am going with my soap box or my ramblings. I had a lot of these thoughts as I was flying to and from Colorado this last weekend. It is amazing the technology and science that has led us to where we are now. And it is also fascinating to think about where we will be in even 20 years. This said, I am also excited for what is in store for the Church and us, as believers in Christ.
What neighbor, friend, co-worker needs someone to listen to them? What organization could benefit from monetary assistance? How can we have a better attitude? Where are we being called and led?
Just food for thought...something to nibble on; I will as well!
Peace,
L
No comments:
Post a Comment