Friday, September 3, 2010

Crisp air, long sleeves

The last two days have given me a taste for autumn and I'm getting excited for the new season! I love the idea of wearing light long sleeves, sipping hot apple cider, cuddling up outside to a fire, and the leaves changing glorious different colors.

Last Friday was my last day of work...and it was a great way to end my time with Out and About. We drove to Georgetown and went on a loop train ride. It was a beautiful day and my group was easy to maintain. At the end of the day, saying good-byes to participants was difficult and it's sad knowing that I won't see them again. But this past week I've been thinking about my time at work and ending there, and I feel at peace with having finished there. Yes, I had a wonderful learning experience with Imagine! and I truly loved my placement there....but I feel this transition onward is a good thing. And for those feelings of contentment...I am happy. :)

This week I have been staying at my boyfriend's parent's home....and everyone has been so supportive and hospitable. The move last Saturday was stressful and tiring, but we did it all in one day. And ladies from the church did a lot of the cleaning, so I was freed from that duty. Earlier this week I still had some details to take care of for the old house, but I think I am finally free from my duties at the VS house. I went over to the new house recently and it's a nice house...they still have a lot of unpacking to do. I am happy with the year I gave to service, but also ready to move on.

This week I've been slightly productive...getting some things filled out for my end-of-term as well as filling out papers for my future job placement. Mostly I've been catching up on sleep. Went to a concert Monday night, caught a little flu bug which laid me up all day Tuesday, toured a local brewery, and last night went to a stressful Rockies game vs the Phillies. (We lost 11-12)

Just a few more days here...such an odd feeling. My dad flies in Sunday night and we drive out Monday. I think there will be a lot more to process once I actually leave Colorado. I am filled with mixed emotions, but am also somewhat ready to go and start the new transition.

Not sure what will happen to my blog...might just become a site in the oblivion or I may maintain it.

Thanks to those who faithfully read my blog and kept me in your thoughts and prayers. I couldn't have made it through this year without your loving support.

Should you want to keep in touch, my address in Harrisonburg is:
1538 College Ave. Apt. 1
Harrisonburg, VA 22802

Peace to all,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment