The two new lady VSers are here. Jasmine has been here a week and half and Naomi just arrived yesterday. She started work today at Imagine! I'm excited for someone to be working with Out and About and gaining the same experience I did. But at the same time, I'm also a little reluctant to have her work in the same placement, selfish reasons alone.
Moving day is this upcoming Saturday....so I've already been packing up the house and my room. My room isn't difficult, it's dealing with all the crap in the house that has been accumulated over the years. Plus the house was left with things from the previous owner. So there is a bunch of junk that will get thrown and donated. Part of me wishes I could pack up my car and scoot out of here. But I have a final duty here and want to make the new VSers feel welcome and comfortable. And things are coming together with the house, it's just a matter of doing instead of just talking!
Friday is my last day of work...my supervisors asked me who I would like to work with my last week...so I'm working with some of my favorites! :) I'm excited! Friday night I am having a farewell party with a couple from church who are also leaving CO to serve a three-year term with MCC. So that should be fun, lots of yummy food, people, and mingling.
I would greatly appreciate prayers as we make this big transition this week and weekend. Specifically, prayers for strength, patience, and endurance.
Onto other news: I'm an aunt!!! Amarisa Joyann was born August 16th at 9:54pm and was a healthy 9lbs 3 oz! Everyone is healthy and happy. My parents went down for an extended weekend visit (which makes me green with envy) but I know soon enough I'll be meeting the little one and playing with her. Praise God for new life and love!!
Ok well I need to do some more packing and organizing...I'll probably post once or twice more before my time in Colorado is over. I'm also debating whether to keep blogging....we'll see..
Peace,
Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment